Tuesday 12 November 2013

Made: Absolutely positively the last cowl I am making this year


Another really simple cowl -- same yarn (super-chunky from Aldi), same general "pattern" (moss stitch on gigantic 15mm needles) with only one difference that I made it slightly narrower (16 stitches wide rather than 20 stitches like the previous one) and therefore slightly longer. I'm not sure I love this length. Maybe the happy mean is the one stitch width I DIDN'T try of 18 stitches! Obviously it's also in a different colourway of grey/pink/purple. The only disappointing thing is that the previous one I made turned out in kind of an interesting pattern, whereas the variegation of this one just looks like regularly repeating blobs. However, I still like it! It took me basically just Sunday to knit this and again, I am really happy with the way this cheap and cheerful yarn worked out for me. I know a lot of people loathe super-chunky wool and I'm not likely to use a lot of it again, but it's been weirdly confidence boosting to knit with these two cheapie skeins from Aldi and I don't regret buy it.

That is absolutely, definitely the last cowl I am making though. They all go nicely with my winter coat, though, so I should now have enough to get me through the winter season!

4 comments:

  1. Fortunately you only have 1 ½ months left in the year! 8-) They are lovely and if I could knit I'm sure I would be knitting a few too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have soooooo many scarves through now. Jumpers or death is my new knitting slogan I think. :D However, I have to say I wore this purple and grey thing all weekend as I was away on a trip and it is awesome.

      Delete
  2. I am also addicted to cowls lately :) Yours looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love it and it's great to wear. It's just I have made three in two months -- I probably should make some other things for a while!

      Delete