Wednesday 9 July 2014

Mini-Wardrobe: Outfits

Last post on this, I promise!

The rules of the mini-wardrobe competition are that you have to make 5 items and have 6 outfits at the end. My mini-wardrobe makes exactly 6 outfits: each of the three tops with each of the two bottoms. You can't even really layer any of them. I really did go for the most simplistic of all wardrobes.

At any rate, here are my outfit photos, taken on my balcony for a change rather than in a corner of my sewing room! I actually like all my outfits although I am not 100% certain I would choose to wear the pattern-mixy polka dot top/print skirt outfit very often. Sadly, the details of my black top are rather obscured as well and jacking up the exposure to show the details like I did for the garment shots just made it look like I had ethereally glowing shorts on.



And that's my mini-wardrobe wrapped up! It was really fun to do, and I am glad I found a way to build in some things I really wanted to make (the Carme blouse in particular). I don't care at all that it's now going into the competition thing where I will get, most likely, a grand total of one vote provided I am allowed to vote for myself. :D MUCH more importantly I am going to wear one of my new outfits when I go out to dinner with one or two people from my former department next week, and everything else will just get absorbed into my normal wardrobe from here on in.

Unfortunately, I'm now on sewing hiatus until I get set back up after the move to the UK. No doubt I will write blog posts containing my usual amount of nonsense, but I won't really be actually making anything for a couple of weeks at least. (Except for the inevitable knitting, of course!) I have such big plans for what I am going to sew in August though, once I am moved in and sorted out and back on track with my work. :D

(Also, totally unrelatedly, I noticed that the official release date of the 05-2014 Ottobre is the end of August, which means hopefully we should start seeing photos soon! I liked Ottobre last year but this year I am NUTS about it. So many of the projects I want to try out over the next few months are from Ottobre!)

10 comments:

  1. I love the way it turned out. See how you've styled the black shirt with the white shorts? That is incredibly flattering on you. I wonder if you could do that with the skirt too? I have a feeling that a shirt tale hem would be a really good style for you. Your shorts are exceptionally flattering too (it all looks good but those two pieces are my favorites on you). Love the black shirt - the color, the fit, its lines - it's perfect and I want to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's really helpful about the blouse/skirt combo actually as, funnily enough I went back and forth for ages on whether to tuck the blouse in or not, and eventually went with tucked in just for variety. Here's the collage with it untucked: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/QHjtCCWSWXMxou8MRoGMPfoj0u6Jw_-nfFwD6WMSPuc?feat=directlink

      Delete
  2. I was also wowed by the carme + white shorts. Very, very nice!

    Congrats on getting 'er done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I love that outfit best too.

      Delete
  3. + 1 for the Carme + white shorts as a "favorite outfit" out of these. You did a great job--I'm really digging the damask print skirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm a big fan of the print skirt too!

      Delete
  4. Those are all lovely garments, I also love the balck shirt, it really does look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really pleased with how it looks on as well as on my tailor's dummy :D

      Delete
  5. I just checked out your skirt with the black shirt untucked and think it's a great look too. I'm a similar weight and build to you so I'm getting some great ideas from your blog.

    It's so hard to see what's best for yourself isn't it? I just can't see it on me but on someone else, it really stands out when a look is especially flattering.

    I'm working on a blouse with a similar hem so I'm getting psyched! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to see on myself for sure. Now that I am looking at it again, I definitely agree that untucked is a better look with that shirt/skirt combination, and I can't think how I didn't think so before! :D Look forward to seeing your shirt review if you do one! :D

      Delete