|Burda 8271 line drawing|
|PJ bottoms made with Burda 8271|
At any rate, I made two pairs of PJ bottoms from this pattern. It is meant for lightweight woven or knit fabrics, and thus I made one pair in a woven (pale blue polka dot cotton) and one pair in a cotton knit (cream polka dots). The pattern does not have much ease at all compared to the other PJ patterns I've used, and while the blue woven pair is perfectly wearable and fine, it is on the fitted end of the scale, whereas the knit obviously has more give and is maybe a tad more comfortable as a result.
Pleasingly, both of these fabrics came from the deepest darkest recesses of my fabric stash. The cream spotty fabric, originally bought for t-shirts way back when I first started sewing with knits, turned out in fact to be far too yellow for me (my skin tone + wearing anything on the yellow end of the colour spectrum = concerned enquiries as to whether I feel well). Since I had a bit left over and no desire to use it for something to be worn in public, I decided to make a matching sleep tee.
|Basic crew neck t-shirt based on a pattern I "made myself" sort of thing|
Up to now, I've mainly made close-fitting tees so I didn't really have a suitable pattern to hand to duplicate my usual men's-size-large shapeless tees I like to wear to bed. I briefly considered obtaining from somewhere a commercial basic men's t-shirt pattern but then decided instead to just make my own. I hesitate very much to say that this tee is "self-drafted", which I think sounds (a) like I put some actual pattern drafting knowledge to use, which is wholly untrue as I have no such knowledge; and (b) pretentious for a t-shirt that is basically a big rectangle anyway. However, it is actually created by me, by dint of combining a tracing of my favourite sleep tee with another pattern for the sleeve and armhole. Given these rather dubious origins, I am quite happy with the outcome. It may not be very exciting or flattering, but it's precisely what I wanted and I am sure I will use it again as I gradually replace my current collection of ancient t-shirts with naff logos.
In conclusion: Utterly unexciting projects, I know, but I am happy that I have now rounded out my PJ pattern library and, more importantly, I felt much less dismal at the end of a successful day of sewing.