Wednesday 10 October 2012

Bits and Pieces #4

1. Yesterday was a mini new experience: I wore my purple t-shirt out of the house. I've been concentrating up to this point on making things for my future workplace, and before that I made PJs. This is the first time I've actually been out in public in something I sewed for myself. It's kind of an artificial thing to say -- I've been carrying bags I've made for myself for over a year, after all -- but it's still a teeny tiny milestone for me. :D

Olivia pattern by ChrisW Designs
2. I've definitely decided to make an Olivia bag for my sister-in-law for Christmas. Now I just get the fun part of choosing fabrics etc! I thought about using a lightweight grey denim I have, but I just don't think my machine will cope with the layers you have to sew through in a bag like that if I do it in denim.





One of my new patterns

3. I got some New Look patterns in the current (UK) sale: a dress, a jacket and a knit co-ordinates pattern. I really like the look of them, but wow, I really need to STOP BUYING PATTERNS. I have enough already (... except I will still get the pattern magazines /o\). Speaking of which, I am still waiting for my MyImage magazines which I am really looking forward to looking at in more detail. Definitely have ideas about what I'm going to make from them. I'm also looking forward to the new Burda this month since I think there are some great patterns in it, though as ever the Plus garments look a little sack-like, alas. On the plus side, I did manage to cancel my Sew magazine subscription just before it renewed, so that saved some money.




 4. I cut out my second Simplicity 8664 skirt, although a different view this time. I already kind of hated the black wool that I bought to make it (shrank, smelled funny when washed, extremely thin) but now I really hate it after it was just horrendous to cut. I am not hopeful about how awesome it is going to be to sew AT ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment